Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Confessions of a Blogger


I've never been a good journal writer. In fact, I think growing up I had about 5 diaries, all of which probably only had about 1-3 entries total. It's not that I don't like writing (well, perhaps that's not entirely true) I just find it difficult to keep up with, and have trouble finding the motivation to write for any length of time. This would probably explain why I decided to become a designer. I'd much rather spend hours fussing over a the perfect color or font than sentence structure and adjectives. As such, regularly keeping up with this blog has been a stretch for me (though, a good stretch) and while I love cooking, I don't always feel like writing about it.

OK, now that I've confessed my blogging sins I can get on with this random post. I've never been a big Valentine's Day fan, however, I have always been have a fan of sweets. I will generally choose something sugary over salty any day of the week. As Valentine's Day is all about the sweets, I'm pretty excited. Mostly to try out these two recipes:


Strawberry Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting (from a newly discovered food blog, Milk and Honey)

and..


Very Berry Sorbet

Do those recipes not look absolutely gorgeous AND delicious?


Other random note of the day. I just started listening to Molly Wizenberg's (of the award-winning blog, Orangette) new podcast, Spilled Milk. There are only 3 episodes, but so far, I've really enjoyed listening to them. The podcast is casual and unpretentious, and sounds like two friends just laughing, experimenting and having fun in the kitchen. Made me remember why I wanted to start a food blog with Raven in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment