Thursday, April 29, 2010

Coffee with my name on it ...


I'm not sure how we ran out of coffee without noticing well in advance, but the threat of an empty french press sent us on an emergency grocery store run last night. Also, someone wanted peanut-butter cups.

It was a bit too late for a trip across town, so we opted for Safeway in Greenwood. Amid a pretty standard (boring) coffee selection, I spotted a small section of bright, cartoonish labels. Then I saw my name in print, and knew it was destiny. Time to try a new brand: Raven's Brew

Wicked Wolf blend is dark and balanced, no striking notes, but I can happily envision the suggestion of trying it with chocolate. It went well enough with raisin bran this morning.

The roaster offers an array of other inventive labels. The breakfast blend looks standard, the Resurrection blend looks revelatory. I can't vouch for all the varieties, but they're certainly more fun to look at than the blah brown bags of better-known brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment