Friday, April 30, 2010

Laws of May


I am absolutely process-oriented, never goal-oriented. This leads to a house full of half-finished books, paintings, and knitting projects. If I did not enjoy eating so much, I'd be at risk of serving half-finished dinners.

This is the problem with most diets and self-improvement plans. I like the idea of a smaller pants size or a cleaner refrigerator, but these goals don't hold my attention enough to follow through with the (typically unpleasant) processes they require.

Behold! My fellow illustrious bloggers' Laws of May: earn points for honestly ticking off the month's challenges each day. The goal of a happy/healthy diet/home/body/mind will follow.

Drink more water: already a habit. Sit-ups: I think I remember these from high school. Go alcohol-free: I hear it helps with allergies. I also replaced two original goals (limit home computer use to 1 hour, attend free events) with 1 hour of reading for class, and 1 hour of working on my final paper.

To show my commitment, I've placed the chart in a brand-new, shiny sheet protector and attached it to a clipboard with a Very Official red Sharpie.

Following tonight's ice cream (and beer) social at work, I will welcome May and all its goals.

3 comments:

  1. I am following this one too. The positive format really helps keep me interested and in track

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raven! I love it when the two blogs cross-pollinate! I visit your blog weekly and love your voice. I hope you lifted a glass (and a spoon) to a clearer and brighter June! I'm joining, too! --(K's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristi and Debbie! I did indeed lift a glass!

    I also added another goal this morning: Buy Nothing. I think this may be the hardest to meet each day, but may have the best returns. :)

    ReplyDelete