Saturday, May 22, 2010

Two Teaspoons, Meet Four Spoons


When Brian mentioned this cafe a while back, he said it was called, "Something spoons ... two spoons maybe?" And I said, "I think you're referring to that wildly popular blog: Two Teaspoons."

But there is, in fact, a cafe called Four Spoons in the neighborhood. It's teeny and tidy, charming, busy but without a wait when we showed up at 1pm last Sunday. The smallish menu has a variety of brunchy dishes, plus real lunch.

I don't remember what my dish was called -- or why I ordered something so huge when I wasn't that hungry -- but it offered eggs, potatoes plus pulled pork and tortillas. If there's a proper way to combine all these things, I missed that day in etiquette class. Nonetheless, my taco breakfast array was delicious in every way.

Brian forgot we were out for breakfast and ordered a french dip. His french fries were excellent. I captured a photo of him in a very serene state, eyes closed (bliss? napping?), but I'll refrain from including it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment