Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cyndy's House Of (awesome) Pancakes

Aurora may not have trendy cupcakes or block-long ice cream lines, but it has plenty to eat: burgers, pho, teriyaki, teriyaki, teriyaki, and (opening soon!) Ethiopian. And, we have Cyndy's House Of (awesome) Pancakes.

Before we moved, I heard Cyndy's was becoming a strip club. Fortunately, this was either rumor or the deal fell through. Cyndy's remains open (though only till 3pm), with perfectly-cooked eggs, crisp bacon, and super friendly servers. The decor is charmingly 1970s: note the 25-foot metal flower collage on the wood-paneled wall.

But most importantly, the pancakes are fluffy and delicious. I don't know what makes a great pancake, and I've certainly never figured it out at home. How do you get them fluffy without being doughy? How do brown them just enough? What makes that perfect pancake flavor? I've read the recipes, but my best answer is to visit Cyndy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment