Saturday, October 31, 2009

Red or white? How about both?


One major cause of chronic indecision: fear of making the wrong choice. While I can't decide if these 'reversible' glasses from Turkish company Gaia&Gino are clever&lovely or odd&unfunctional, they do provide an option for indecisive drinkers. Sherry with your sake? Its an option.

The concept is "a cacophony of reversible glasses consisting of diverse forms and volumes inspired by the mixture of people that is Turkey today." If not quite necessary for everyday use, they would be fun, functional conversation pieces -- maybe next year's Halloween masquerade? 

See the website for more entertaining styles.




3 comments:

  1. I like pictures of glasses like this for some reason. I connected through another blog. They remind me of art class and the challenge it was for me to draw reflections in the glass with pencil. Nice blog.

    Check out my blog and see what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...inspired by the mixture of people that is Turkey today" - man, that's one deep wine glass :)I definitely like them as art pieces rather than functional glassware. As a clutzy wine glass washer (who has literally broken full sets of glasses) I think these would not be the best product for me as I have troubles not breaking 1 bowl on a wine glass, let alone two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I thought about that too, Melissa! Twice the chance of chipped or broken glass.

    Glad you found us, Tom! Let us know what other blog you connected through.

    ReplyDelete