Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cranberry vodka, part II

My cranberry vodka steeped for a week, and is now beautifully bottled. 

Last saturday: the ingredients. (Pardon the cheapo vodka -- it will be wrapped in cranberry and sugar soon.)


A pitcher of vodka, then a simple syrup with orange peel with cranberries.
 

This week: my original cranberries were too thoroughly macerated to use as pretty garnish, so I made a new little pot of sugary berries and distributed among the bottles.


After much (non-photogenic) straining and filtering to remove berry pulp, the pink booze went into the bottles. So pretty!

3 comments:

  1. Raven! Where did you get those awesome jars?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, good question! I hope you ask because you're in the process of cranberrying your own vodka.

    http://www.specialtybottle.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=11

    These are the 8.5 oz ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking that this could be fantastic xmas gifts for coworkers and friends in New York... and for Graham, because we all know he likes is pink drinks.
    Also, when you were here, did I take you to Fishs Eddy? It is an adorable kitchenware store, and I think of you whenever I go there.
    http://www.fishseddy.com/

    ReplyDelete