Friday, November 6, 2009

Hollandaise nights

As a fantastic girlfriend and the primary cook in our kitchen, I offered to make Brian his favorite dinner after he had a few late nights at work. His first suggestion of "CRAB??!" was not exactly what I had in mind for a Thursday night, but he quickly followed it with breakfast for dinner -- specifically eggs benedict.

My first hollandaise involved a double-boiler and much wisking. Then I discovered a more modern recipe requiring only hot butter and a blender -- much faster, easier, and less messy.

Hollandaise - my new way
  • 1/2 stick of butter (could use more, if you prefer buttery sauce)
  • 3 egg yolks
  • dash of paprika
  • splash of lemon juice
Melt the butter in a microwave, then drizzle into a small bowl containing the other ingredients while blending.

No comments:

Post a Comment