Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Cupcake That Takes 1st Place


I'm lucky to live with a boyfriend who works near Trophy Cupcakes, and today I was lucky to taste one of their newer seasonal flavors: a candied yam with marshmallow cupcake.

The sticky-soft, lightly toasted marshmallow frosting made Trophy's s'mores cupcake my original favorite, even if the rich chocolate + graham cracker cake was a bit overwhelming. This new combination beats everything, in my humble opinion: the divine frosting paired with a cupcake flavor that's sweet but not cloying -- like a slightly over-sugared muffin or breakfasty quick bread. 

So even though I haven't loved that ubiquitous sugar-drenched sweet potato thanksgiving favorite since I was very young, candied yam with marshmallow now has a place in my heart -- in the form of a cupcake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment